Fireworks at Rocky's

"You're insane," my wife said. "You can't paint fireworks in pitch darkness." 

"It's not pitch dark," I said. "Every once in a while there's a flash. Plus there's some light from that tiki torch."


I was mad obsessed. I hunched over the sketchbook in my lap. I couldn't make out any chroma or hue, and only could distinguish three values at best: white, middle tone, and black.

From time to time someone from the party came over and stood next to me, munching on potato chips. "What are you doing?"

"I'm painting," I replied. I glanced up at their puzzled faces, lit by flashes of red light and sulphur smoke.
----
Here's what I was using:
White, black, golden ochre, and Venetian red casein
Round 6 watercolor brush
Flat 1/4 inch synthetic brush
Watercolor notebook
Fountain pen 
You have just read the article entitled Fireworks at Rocky's. Please read the article from Sentimental Journey About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://sentimental--journey.blogspot.com/2013/07/fireworks-at-rocky.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Sentimental Journey