Casein Portrait of Shapenote Singer

Yesterday I tried out my new casein paints at my wife's singing group.


(Video link) I'm painting a friend of mine named Alan Neumann, who sings bass in the shapenote singing society at Bard College in New York.


I'm using an improvised easel to hold my sketchbook on a camera tripod. I start by painting over a not-so-hot sketch done in the Atlanta subway. I'm starting to get the hang of caseins--they're like oils on adrenaline. The whole portrait takes about two hours.
----
More info:
Paints: Jack Richeson / Shiva casein colors 
Moleskine watercolor notebook
Richeson's informative FAQ about casein.
Sacred Harp Singing at Bard College
Sacred Harp Singing in New York State
The tune is White #288 ("Long Time Traveling")
Subscribe to the James Gurney YouTube channel to see videos before anyone else


You have just read the article entitled Casein Portrait of Shapenote Singer. Please read the article from Sentimental Journey About , more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://sentimental--journey.blogspot.com/2013/05/casein-portrait-of-shapenote-singer.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Sentimental Journey