Small Figures

About 35 years ago, when I was in art school, my buddies and I would take turns posing for each other in one minute costumed poses. 


In the series at the upper left I tried to capture the basic gesture of the folds of the costume using pencil and white gouache. At upper right is more of a tubular form emphasis, using just light and shadow and no outline.

In the middle row, I used a brush and ink to try to capture the black silhouette. In the bottom row, we moved the light around to the back and I tried drawing edge-lit silhouettes, where the light side becomes the paper color.

Drawing directly with the brush, I first drew the side away from the light before sorting out the complex lit side. This way of sketching gives a very photographic effect.
You have just read the article entitled Small Figures. Please read the article from Sentimental Journey About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://sentimental--journey.blogspot.com/2014/01/small-figures.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Sentimental Journey