Spook-a-Rama

On my first visit to Coney Island in 1981, I sat down outside the Spook-a-Rama ride and pulled out my sketchbook.

Giant green spiders and one-eyed statues were hanging over the spot where I was sitting, but I liked it because I had a good view of the ticket booth.

The ticket man leaned into his microphone. "Spook-a-Rama! It's the big ride!" he said. "Everybody ride!" 

Nobody was buying tickets, so I gave the guy some customers. 
 ----
This drawing appeared in my 1982 book The Artist's Guide to Sketching
Other imaginative sketching on the blog: 

You have just read the article entitled Spook-a-Rama. Please read the article from Sentimental Journey About http://sentimental--journey.blogspot.com/2013/12/spook-rama.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Sentimental Journey