Flip book animation in a paperback


Some of you know that my career began in the animation business, and that I have dabbled in animation alongside painting and writing.

When I was doing science fiction paperback covers, I convinced my art director, Gene Mydlowski, to let me animate a flip book movie in the corners of the pages of the Alan Dean Foster novel "Quozl." I called the technique "Flip-a-Mation," and it was perfect for this story, about a race of rabbit-like aliens who arrive on earth, looking a bit like Warner Brothers cartoon characters.

I recently rediscovered the file folder with the 100 original drawings that I did for the Flip-a-mation sequence. Using my digital camera and free software called "Time Lapse Assembler" I was able to reshoot the sequence and add some sound effects.
(Video Link)
You have just read the article entitled Flip book animation in a paperback. Please read the article from Sentimental Journey About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : http://sentimental--journey.blogspot.com/2014/02/flip-book-animation-in-paperback.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Sentimental Journey