Frank at the Diner


Sunday at 3:30 in the afternoon is a relatively quiet time at our little diner, so it's a good time to sketch people.


After I ordered my turkey reuben sandwich and leek-and-potato soup yesterday, I noticed a tall man sitting alone at the far end of the counter. He ate quietly and stayed more or less in the same pose while I drew this picture.

I used water-soluble colored pencils, watercolor, and a little white gouache. My soup and sandwich arrived sooner than I expected, so I had to shove the art stuff to one side to make room. I ate with my left hand while I painted with my right.

The server stopped to refill my coffee and check out the sketch. "Frank is one of our regulars," she said. "He's a real nice gentleman."
-----
Read a similar post about another man at the same counter: War Jitters
You have just read the article entitled Frank at the Diner. Please read the article from Sentimental Journey About http://sentimental--journey.blogspot.com/2013/11/frank-at-diner.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Sentimental Journey