Painting Iceboats


On Tuesday I set up my sketching stool in the middle of the Hudson River, a few hundred yards out from the shoreline.


Beside me was a foot-wide crack. Every once in a while it groaned and creaked. When a tug passed by in the shipping lane, the crack let out a dull, low thud, which reverberated up and downstream.

The sun was shining, but there was no wind. That was a good thing, because it meant that the iceboats would hold still while I painted them in gouache.

With the temperature hovering around ten degrees Fahrenheit, watercolors tend to freeze on the brush. I filled my water cup with vodka, which kept it flowing.

You have just read the article entitled Painting Iceboats. Please read the article from Sentimental Journey About more. And you can also bookmark this page with the URL : https://sentimental--journey.blogspot.com/2014/03/painting-iceboats.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Sentimental Journey